Saturday, June 22, 2013

My goal of this blog…


My vision of this blog is to go on my RV adventure and report on my accessibility findings.  Because everyone's perception of accessibility is different... I will do my best to include as much as possible.  I welcome any corrections, comments or questions.  Just be respectful… You never know who's reading this.

Since my paralysis comes from a neurological condition, I face a lot of different accessibility issues. Along with mobility restraints I deal with temperature and fatigue.  However, I am blessed to have a "Hunky Hubby" who helps me navigate the tougher spots.  You might find my observations as not nearly enough or "overkill" but... I hope that it helps.

It doesn't matter if you're reading this for yourself or someone else.  Don't let limitations scary you. Get out and live life!!  This is me "Living outside of my comfort zone".

Remember, my thought on was camping was always equivalent to a bad motel.  So… My RV adventure will have a "Glam-ping" twist.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I was wondering if you had any pictures of the inside. My dad is an leg amputee and loves to travel. His dream was always to buy an RV and travel but has given up that dream after the surgery. He is finally been forced to retire and I want him to be happy so I'm looking at new options to help him have awesome adventures in his twilight years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi laura. I'm so sorry about the extra slow response time. This sounds pretty stupid, but I'm not sure how to add photos in the reply. If you want to Google the inside to lay out, the motorhome is a 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V. The only thing we had to do was remove the loveseat from behind the passenger's seat , In order to add the wheelchair lift.

      The next time we go out I will take some pictures and figure out how to get them to you. I think your dad would have a great time!

      Delete