Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mammoth Lakes, California (Whitmore 2012)

September, 2012 we headed to Mammoth Lakes, California so my husband could participate in the High Sierra Fall Classic bike ride.  It's an annual 100 mile ride in the Sierra mountains.

The ride started and finished at the Whitmore baseball field, near Mammoth Airport.  We were fortunate to be able to dry camp in right field for the weekend.  It's a beautiful spot next to Crowley Lake.  The promoters of the bike ride hosted a barbecue with music and games.  After the party the campers were given all of the extra ice cream.  That was a win – win for the rest of our adventure.

There was no electricity, no amenities and no facilities.  We were completely self-contained (with only my glam-ping supplies).   The grass is tall and this site was NOT wheelchair friendly at all.

My husband enjoyed his race,  I caught up on some reading and we both enjoyed a couple of spectacular sunsets!!




I survived my first dry camping experience... Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment