Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ryker

This post is left in memory of our beloved family member and best traveling buddy.

 
Rest In Peace, Ryker. (November 2000 – April 2014 )
You were an extraordinary friend!

Ryker was born at Guide dogs of America in Sylmar, California. He was breed  and taught to be a guide. After successful completion and graduation he became a working guide dog. He became a seeing eye dog for a blind man in Southern California. After Ryker's retirement he came to live with us. It took some time, but he soon learned that he could just be a dog and have fun! He loved people, other dogs and cats. His favorite snacks where apples and carrots. His favorite activities were going for walks and swimming. However, Ryker's most favorite thing of all was (his baby) a stuffed monkey!!
 
Ryker always knew when we were preparing and packing for a trip in the motorhome. When he heard the motor of the RV he became so happy and excited. He loved to travel to new places with his family

 
After Ryker's  passing I realized that he never actually retired he only change careers. He spent every moment with me. His eyes were always glued on me as I pushed my wheelchair through doorways, over bumps and up ramps. He made me laugh and was always there to kiss away tears. He was my constant companion and extraordinary friend. I am forever grateful and feel completely blessed to have shared time with such a wonderful boy!  Ryker will be forever missed…

No comments:

Post a Comment